The Deliberate and Courageous Principal
Ten Leadership Actions and Skills to Create High-Achieving Schools
Rhonda J. Roos
Fully step into your power as a school principal. By delving deep into five essential leadership actions and five essential leadership skills, you will learn how to grow in your role and accomplish incredible outcomes for your students and staff. Author Rhonda J. Roos provides clear direction for establishing a vision, reframing conflict, leaning into the positive, and much more.
- Study the five essential actions and five essential skills all leaders must adopt to develop successful, high-achieving schools.
- Discover how to create a collective vision and learn next steps to move progress forward.
- Observe strategies to maintain a positive outlook as you hone your leadership skills.
- Review the most effective ways to manage time, organize meetings, and address other common concerns shared by principals at every level.
- Receive reflection questions, next steps, and reproducible templates to deepen understanding of effective leadership.
Part 1: Essential Leadership Actions
Chapter 1: Establish a Vision Focused on Learning
Chapter 2: Clarify the Essential Work
Chapter 3: Create Teams to Move the Work Forward
Chapter 4: Take Action (Instead of Being Busy)
Chapter 5: Lead Effective Meetings
Part 2: Essential Leadership Skills
Chapter 6: Build Relationships
Chapter 7: Reframe Conflict
Chapter 8: Hold People Accountable
Chapter 9: Lean Into the Positive
Chapter 10: Turn Inward
References and Resources